1. Golf is the No. 1 outdoor pay-for-play individual participation sport.
2. 32 million Americans participate in golf annually at on-course and off-course venues.
3. Indiana ranks as one of the nation’s Top 10 states for golf .
4. 2.6 million people tried golf for the first-time last year, the most in history and continuing a four-year upward trend.
5. More than 14.9 million Americans are "very interested" in playing golf, an all-time high.
6. More than 6.2 million millennials spend more than $5 billion annually on golf.
7. Approximately 20 million Americans are committed to the game and are responsible for 95% of all spending on golf.
8. The annual economic impact of golf in $84.1 billion, greater than the spectator sports and performing arts industries. Golf impacts nearly two million jobs in the U.S.
9. Golf as a fundraising vehicle generates nearly $4 billion annually, more than any other sport.
10. Junior golf participation has grown more than 12.5% in the past five years. Of the 2.7 million junior golfers, 35% are females and 25% are non-Caucasian.
Is the golfer demographic someone that you should target for your business’ products and services? If not, you might want to ask yourself why? You don’t need to be an avid golfer to benefit from the program, but instead recognize the connection that golf has to the business world. A great way to differentiate your company from the competition – a limited number of advertisers will be allowed on each course.
THE VALUE OF GOLF
The sponsorship program of Indiana Golf Advertising can be of value to your business!
2018 Golf Statistics provided by the National Golf Foundation; GolfAdvisor.com